Did you know?
Olive levy payers can access final reports and insights from completed R&D projects, which provide key information that can help improve their business, free of charge.
From pest and disease management to ultrasound technology for olive oil processing – a variety of information and resources from completed R&D projects is available for growers to utilise, for the benefit of their business and the collective olive industry.
R&D projects are strategic levy investments that are developed and implemented under the Hort Innovation Olive Fund, meaning the projects are paid for by the olive levy and Australian Government contributions (with some research also involving funding from other sources).
Hort Innovation partners with leading service providers to complete a range of R&D projects to ensure the long-term sustainability and profitability of the olive industry.
Final reports from these investments provide a platform for the service providers, like universities and private industry consultants, to communicate project outcomes and outputs. They are free to Australian horticulture levy payers, registered Hort Innovation members and Industry Representative Bodies. For others, a $22.00 charge applies for each report.
The below table contains some past R&D projects that have a final report available for order. Older projects were carried out under the then Horticulture Australia Limited (HAL) model.
|Project code||Project name||Service provider||Report date|
|OL14003||Essential Work to Facilitate Increased Exports to China, Removing Roadblocks and Enhancing Competitive Advantage||Pomology Pty Ltd||6/09/2016|
|OL14008||Development of a Biosecurity Plan for the Olive Industry||Plant Health Australia||30/06/2016|
|OL14002||Generation of Residue Data for a Pesticide Minor-Use Permit Applications in Olives 2014/15||Crop Protection
Research Pty Ltd
|OL13004||Residue data for key chemicals in the Australian Olive Industry||Western Sydney University||9/02/2015|
|OL13002||Evaluation of key chemicals for pest management in the olive industry||Western Sydney University||11/06/2014|
|OL13005||Development of a Triacylglycerol database for authentication of
extra virgin olive oil
of Primary Industries
|OL13002||Minor use permit for cyazypyr and indoxacarb to control apple weevil in olives||Western Sydney University||24/01/2012|
|OL09000||Attendance at 28th International Horticultural Conference, Lisbon Portugal||South Australian Research and
Development Institute (SARDI)
|OL08003||Use of ultrasound technology for olive oil processing||Boundary Bend Olives Pty Ltd||7/01/2010|
|OL06000||Safe use of fungicides to manage berry rot diseases for sustainable oleaculture||Western Sydney University||7/01/2010|
Request a copy
Requesting a final report is easy:
- Visit the final report order form on the Hort Innovation website horticulture.com.au/resources/final-report-order-form
- Note the name and code of the project/s you are interested in in the table above, or if there’s something else you’re looking for, download and browse the current final reports list from the web page (you can also search for the project code or keyword using control F)
- Complete the online form on the website.
Final reports will be sent from Hort Innovation via email.
Keep in the know
The final reports list is updated as R&D projects finish and there are also lots of options to keep up-to-date with project progress:
- Hortlink provides quarterly easy-to-read project updates, with the most recent edition always available from the Hort Innovation Olive Fund page horticulture.com.au/olive (or you can go straight to the current edition, released in December, here) http://horticulture.com.au/hortlink-2017-edition-4/olive/
- Subscribe to the Grove Innovation monthly e-newsletter by contacting Australian Olive Association, or read the R&D Insights insert in Olivegrower and Processor magazine
- The Olive Fund Annual Report https://horticulture.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/HortInnovation-FAR-2016-17-Olive.pdf lists what final reports have been issued for the financial year.
Or contact Will Gordon, Relationship Manager for the olive industry at Hort Innovation on 0427 920 924 or firstname.lastname@example.org