Being held over the next six weeks, three OliveCare® Best Practice webinars will be of interest and value to all olive growers, processors and marketers of olive products, whether current members of the OliveCare® program or not.
The webinars will be presented by the Australian Olive Association’s OliveCare® Code of Best Practice Administrator Peter McFarlane, BAgrSc.(Hons), DipEd, also the National Table Olive Committee Convener, National Biosecurity Representative and National Agri-Chemical Permits Co-ordinator, consulting to the Australian olive industry since 2008.
Each of the webinars will be run as a one hour Zoom meeting. Comprising a 30-minute presentation followed by a 30-minute interactive Q&A session, there’ll be plenty of opportunity to clarify queries or issues.
Registration: attendees must register to gain access to each webinar, with a link to the session provided upon sign-up. Registration is FREE for all attendees.
Webinar 1: Grove Management Best Practice – 15 June, 12.30-1.30pm AEST
- Introduction to the OliveCare® Best Practice program
- introduction to OliveCare® HACCP Style Food Quality Plans
- OliveCare® HACCP Style Food Quality Plans – On-farm best practice checklists
Webinar 2: EVOO & Flavoured Olive Oil Production Best Practice – 29 June, 12.30-1.30pm AEST
- AOA product labelling guidelines and Australian Consumer Law
- The Australian Standard (AS5264-2011) and OliveCare® product certification – EVOO and flavoured olive oil
- OliveCare® EVOO Freshness Testing and potential shelf life
- OliveCare® Food Quality Plans: the major risks to product quality – EVOO and flavoured olive oil production best practice checklists
Webinar 3: Table Olives/Olive Paste Production Best Practice – 13 July, 12.30-1.30pm AEST
- Food safety regulations and table olive production in Australia
- The Voluntary Standard for table olives in Australia (12-111) and OliveCare® product certification – table olives and olive paste
- OliveCare® Food Quality Plans: the major risks to product quality – table olive production best practice checklists
This webinar series is part of the Olive levy project: ‘Extending OliveCare to foster excellence in production of Australian olives’ (OL17006), funded by Hort Innovation, using the Hort Innovation olive research and development levy, co-investment from the Australian Olive Association and contributions from the Australian Government.